Thursday, October 11, 2007

Questions Bored People Answer (got this from Gabby Lee's blog; title, mine)

1. Were you named after anyone?From Chanson D'amour (a Lettermen song) and from Vanessa Redgrave, the actress
2. When was the last time you cried?last Monday
3. Do you like your handwriting?I don't think much of it. Although several have complimented it.
4. What is your favourite meal? fried galunggong with sinangag and a dip of toyo with calamansi. yum!
5. Do you have kids?Jacqueline Louise, 8 and Joachim, 6
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?The probability is high. I gravitate toward weird people.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?Depends on who I'm talking to. With Myton and Kane, yeah.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump?Never. I don't see the point.
10. What is your favourite cereal?I don't like cereal.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?I wear pumps and sandals. No sneakers for me. Except before, when I used to run. But yeah, I untie the laces before I take them off. (Sorry, long answer)
12. Do you think you're strong?
My opinion of myself varies a lot.
13. What is your favourite ice cream?
Cookies and Cream and Double Dutch
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
whether they're like me or not (talk about self-centeredness!)
15. Red or Pink?
Hmm. Tough one. But I think I'd go for pink.
16. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
My arms
17. Who do you miss the most?
Daddy, Mommy, Earl, Otom, Mama
18. Do you want everyone reading this to fill it out?
Sure.
19. What colour pants and shoes are you wearing?
Right now I'm wearing an over-sized shirt and I'm barefoot
20. What was the last thing you ate?
Ensaymada from Shopwise
21. What are you listening to right now?
It Never Entered My Mind by Miles Davis
22. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Apricot
23. Favourite smells?
Coffee, warm croissant, frying garlic, frying bacon, my new body wash, Victoria's Secret Secret Crush (my scent forever), Clinique Happy (for women), Liz Claiborne's Curve Crush for men
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Kim
25. Do you like the person that sent this to you?
It wasn't sent to me. I snitched it from Gabby's blog.hihi.(thanks Gabby!)
26. Favourite sports to watch?
None, really. But lately I've been forced to watch wrestling (!) because my best friend is a fanatic. And I mean fanatic.
27. Hair colour?
dark Brown.
28. Eye colour?
Wish I could say hazel. But no. They're black as black can be. haha
29. Do you wear contacts?
Nope.
30. Favourite food?
Adobo, Fried Tuyo, Chicken macaroni soup, pizza, carbonara, Glazed Donut (Go Nuts or Krispy Kreme), Garlic Bread, Baked mac, mac and cheese, sisig, churros (whew! now I'm hungry)
31. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?
Neither
32. Last movie you watched?
Intruder in the Dust (it's this old film adapted from Faulkner's novel)
33. What colour shirt are you wearing?
white. with a blue print that would best remain unspelled (is this a word?)here.
34. Summer or winter?
Summer
35. Hugs or kisses?
Depends on who they're from. :)
36. Favourite dessert?
Gloria Jean's Choco Macadamia frap
37. Most likely to do this quiz themselves?
people who like to talk about themselves (haha!); people who have a lot of time in their hands (like me-- I'm hibernating right now)
38. Least likely to respond?
People who have better things to do
39. What book are you reading right now?
What Was She Thinking? (Notes on a Scandal) by Zoe Heller
40. What's on your mouse pad?
Coffee stains. Haha
41. Favourite sound?
Miles Davis, Jackie's and Kim's voices, Doorbells (not buzzers)
42. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Beatles

10 comments:

Ben Hoogeboom said...

I have another question: Would you prefer Mozart or Beethoven?
Aarkh!

CHANSONATA said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I will answer your question, even if I'm not sure you're being sarcastic or not. :)
I love Mozart. Beethoven is too "grandiose" for me.

Ben Hoogeboom said...

I was being sarcastic, but I like your blog and I like your questions.

CHANSONATA said...

Hahaha. I knew it. I know sarcasm when I read it. Or hear it. :)
I tried reading your blog but unfortunately I don't know Dutch. I recognized Nabokov, Bach, Handel, John Le Carre, Vivaldi. And, I think, Russian Literature?
Anyway, thanks for visiting again. Appreciate it.
:)

Ben Hoogeboom said...

You said, Beethoven is too grandiose for me. You're absolutely right there. I abhor his concertoes. But he has some fine, little, simple piano works. And he has one piano concerto (the Emperor Concerto) that I like. You will find Glenn Gould playing the Emperor, on YouTube.

CHANSONATA said...

Thanks for the tidbit. Will look it up on YouTube. :)

Ben Hoogeboom said...

Hi Chansonata,
You had a poem that began: ‘Somewhere between afterimage and stark reality' - a strong line. I began to think: what stark reality, in God’s name? But then I saw your good rhyme with 'dark' in the same stanza - I knew we had a poetess in our midst.
That's only my opinion, of course, but there you have it.
Do you like Bach's BWV 569?

CHANSONATA said...

I'm afraid my knowledge of classical music is very general and am not familiar with Bach's BWV 569. I like, though, his Cantata 147, his Brandenburg Concerto and Sheep May Safely Graze. I think his music is soothing and gives you that feeling of tranquility, like the world is a beautiful place, including its sadnesses.

CHANSONATA said...

Thanks for reading my poem. It was workshopped in one of my Poetry classes in college and my professor said it had a really strong start, but that it's still too abstract to really be comfortable with itself. I agree with her. Still have no idea how to revise it, though. In time, hopefully, I'd find something.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)