Sunday, April 10, 2011

Today,

it's "Julia", "Norwegian Wood", "Something", "And I Love Her", "Eleanor Rigby", "Two of Us", "I Feel Fine", "You're Gonna Lose That Girl", and "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" all around me. I realize that The Beatles have so many lovely songs, and most of them sound really familiar even if I rarely touch my Beatles playlist, just because I grew up in a house where their music was a Sunday morning staple, thanks to my dad.

Oh, but now, I alternately sit and lie on the bed, wrapped in a jacket and a blanket, nursing tonsillitis and a bad cough. Been drinking lots of water like a good girl, though swallowing is agony and the cough makes my already sore throat hurt even more. Yet I am thankful, 

thankful that I have the Beatles to coo me to sleep, to sing the pain away.


No comments: