Saturday, June 9, 2012

Don't look for coherence here.

                                           
-mine, I call it, because
these day-hammered fields

of dazzled horizontals
undulate, summers,
inside me and out-
-Mark Doty, "Description"


May has passed me by in a blur of scorching heat and work weeks (the weekends are even more hazy). This city has had more than its share of baking under a merciless sun, but still, the heat seems incorrigibly here, and I have found myself staying indoors even more, as if my natural aversion to the outdoors wasn't yet strong enough.

My download of "The Beatles Anthology" has just completed ("Never Let Me Go" strains--eerie much!), and I plan on making it the soundtrack to the weekend where I will do nothing but laze away, the weekend that tails a 6-day work week that has drunk me to the lees of all, and, any urge to stand up. This bunny's Energizer batteries are all drained out.

Some serious recharging needs to be done.

No comments: