Sunday, January 20, 2008

Not A Party Girl


Glammed-up people streamed into the great halls of the World Trade Center as HSBC's Manila Global Service Center held yet another big-- no, make that huge--party, with DISCOVOLUTION as the theme. Once again, the Senior Managers outdid themselves in proving that it wasn't just the corporate world they lorded over; they could also strut around as Madonna, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, John Travolta (in Saturday Night Fever), Village People, et al.
Most everyone was in party mode. Even the shy ones found their feet keeping in time with the rhythm and beat of the dance music. No techno here, or house. Just plain old disco, true to the theme of the night.
Drinks were a-plenty, food overflowed. Everyone was dolled-up and in the mood for celebrating. The night spelled F-U-N away.
I had a nice time, sure. I'm not the type who won't enjoy a party here, or there.
But in true Shan fashion, I couldn't help wishing, in the middle of all that gaiety, that I was back in my warm bed, snuggled against my pillows.

No comments: