Friday, September 10, 2010

After three hours and a half, I wake up

Another butterfly sat on my shoulder. Not yellow, but still, a butterfly.

Am still adjusting to my new schedule. Daylight is not the friendliest of bedmates, I realize, but am determined to make it. The thing about the sun is that it makes me think of action, as opposed to the inaction that sleep is, however much we see it as a verb and therefore, an act, something that we do and need to do, even if all we really do in sleep is not do and be anything, except when we dream, of course, or toss and turn, of which most of the time we are unaware, so that the complete lack of consciousness after the waking could be argued to be inaction, and there you go so I have lost the thread of my thoughts and pffftt the lack of sleep is probably making me do it, the word "do" encapsulating the concept of action or does it?

And perhaps the best thing to do right now is to turn right back in.

No comments: