Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Under the Influence of

Yes, the allergies seem duller, but so do my thoughts. Is it "are" or "do"? It's a bit hazy, too, like, where have the days gone? Or, what day is it today? Or, how many days has it been since Sunday? I could try to count, why not? But it seems an exhausting task. Parallel lines never meet, or do they? In some secret alley (like yours and mine), unknown to the best minds, do these two constants ever meet? Are they constant (like me, unlike you)? Or did I just dream the word up (like I had dreamed you up)? Like I do a lot of words. They populate my dreams (like you do), words, although I hardly ever remember when I wake up. It's just a nice thought, I guess, having one's dreams peopled with words (my dreams, by you).

I hate prepositions. Though not so much, right now.

No comments: