Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My unkempt weekend


I am looking at a very cluttered work station; trying to figure out what to write about, how to write it, where to start, how long it will take me to write, and if I'd be able to write, at all.

I'm experiencing one of those "dry blogging spells" which intermittently come about--in my case, that is. Some bloggers have something to write about everyday. What more, they know exactly what form it would take. I am not one of those lucky people.

As further proof of my laziness, I am jotting down--in bullets--some stuff I did last weekend. Writing paragraphs can be so taxing!

I:

* cried over "Yentl." A friend finally found a copy for me, at last! I wanted to strangle Barbra Streisand for not staying and giving me the perfect ending. I mean, I'm an advocate of girl power and all, but, hey, give me my two hours worth of waiting for the girl and the guy to fall into each other's arms! Sort of how I felt after reading John Fowles' The French Lieutenant's Woman.
* watched "Love in the Time of Cholera" and put Javier Bardem from number 3 to number 2 in my top 5 favorite actors.
* watched "Sabrina" for the second time. To commit the sin of stating the obvious, Audrey Hepburn was heart-breakingly beautiful in the movie. And Humphrey Bogart was, well, old.
* helped Jackie with her Math assignment (whaddya know, I still know division!) and Kim with his subtraction. They had a week-long break from school and waited until Friday to do homework. Reminds me so much of myself, way, way back. Ah, to be a kid again. But minus the math homework, please.
* waited the entire weekend for the Internet to come back (turned out it was here, all along--story in previous post).
* went to Robinson's Place, bought a gift for my brother, rummaged through the bags on sale, tried on several pairs of shoes (without buying a single pair, I'm proud to say), and ordered a glass of Peach-Mango shake at Almon Marina. It's always Christmas in the malls, as if people had gifts to buy all the time, plus the money to buy those gifts with. Alas, not for me.

Happy holidays!

No comments: