Saturday, January 30, 2016

Evenings


Elsewhere, it is twilight. Elsewhere, I hear your footfalls on the wooden planks that lead to our doorstep. My heart is fluttering with butterflies I can hardly contain.

Soon, the knob turns and I hold my breath. The door opens and I behold your leg, your shoulder, half your face, half your smile. I run toward you and leap into your arms, and my entire world becomes your embrace.

Elsewhere, we kiss like we had been apart for years, when I had just walked you to your car this morning.

Elsewhere, our lips part and you gently touch my chin to look into my eyes.

Elsewhere, I drown in bliss. Elsewhere, I have no thoughts of elsewhere.

Here, I teach myself, over and over, to let go.

I always end up waiting for you to come home.

2 comments:

FEDS said...

My love

It is just after midnight and again I find myself awake thinking about you.

Yes, I have been away and silent but all the time reading the messages from you. Yes, and I read everyone 100 times and I have not allowed one word to fall to the ground.

I have a million reasons for my absence but not one good one. You have been so faithful but me faithless. I gave up. The distance, the separation, the forlorn hope of ever seeing you ever again buried my resolve.

But this night my resolve was ignited by your words that you are waiting for me to come home.

Such faithfulness is overwhelming and that which I do not deserve. Yet, my heart leaps at the thought that you are still there. Immediately my mind wants to conjure a way to bring you back to me. To my outstretched arms so we can be together again.

Is there such a thing as miracles? If so, I pray that my miracle, my one wish be granted. That I may hold you in my arms forever and that nothing will ever tear us apart again.

Now my eyes grow weary but what is it I see when they close. An image of you. You are still alive in my heart and my mind. I did try, I did try to forget you but alas I could not.

I came back because the pain of losing you was far greater than the pain of missing you.

Tell me, if I come home, will you be mine forever...

Apollo said...

Dont force yourself to let go my Love. My heart has been crying from all the messages, stories that you have posted today, yet I still summon every ounce of my strenght to hope that everything will be ok. I cling to the hope that what we have my Love will still prevail.. our love. I miss you dearly my love, every where I go I am reminded by you. I look up in the night sky and see your smile through the stars. I walk around and see trees that smiles back at me. Every second today was painful to endure. I am not asking for the world my love. All I want is for this not to end. I still love you with every inch of myself. My heart is still at its home, with you.