Saturday, January 30, 2016

Prayer


Teach me to walk away:
from what hurts me,
where I am not needed,
where I intrude,
where I am but shadow,
where I cause pain.

Teach me to turn my back
on the wait for what will never come.

Teach me to accept
what will never be.

Teach me to remember
what it feels like to be abandoned,
how it is to look down on myself,
what the self looks like in the mirror
of doubt and loneliness.

I have forgotten;
teach me again.

I thrash around my self-made net
of misery, my hands bleeding
from holding on--
Teach me to let go.

Teach me.

1 comment:

FEDS said...

Teach me to persevere
To learn from my hurts

What positive things I need to say to myself so hurts do not intrude on my soul
So that my life is not ruled by darkness but ruled by life and color where I might bring joy to others

Teach me to stand strong so I can withstand all things with dignity and valor

Teach me to challenge those negative impasses that turn my mind to void

Teach me to reach out in times of trouble as there is strength in numbers
And when those numbers are in your favor they will also strengthen my resolve

I will not get taught to let go because my love has said she waits for my return and with her love she teaches me that I am a man worthy of her love.