Sunday, January 17, 2016

Mornings


I draw the curtains and sit on the high stool by the window, waiting for you to come home. I have tried writing almost the entire day yesterday, but have ended up deleting what paltry lines I've put down.

I am a little restless. This morning, the sound of the waves fail to soothe my nerves--I sit here, watching the sea, biting the ends of my nails, my cup of tea grown cold.

You have been gone for two days. For two days, I have not heard the door knob click open, have not heard your voice boom that "I'm home, Love!" which is music to my ears, have not been swept into your arms and smothered with your kisses, have not giggled at your jokes or laughed at your antics. I am cold from the lack of your warmth. I miss peeking through the curtains and watching you chop wood.

Two days is too long a time.

Please come home.


2 comments:

Apollo said...

Traffic lang love. Im on my way☺ i love you

Apollo said...

Hi Love, I'll be home soon. I have been travelling over the past 2 days and it has been very difficult. The hardest part about it is by not being by your side. I miss you and constantly think about you everytime. I cant wait to come home and dance the night away with you. I Love you. I'll be home soon.