Sunday, September 21, 2008

Let's talk about scents



This is my all-time favorite scent. I started wearing it back in High School, when my lola gave me my first bottle. I fell in love with it and we've been together ever since--from one bottle to another, that is.

From Perfumestation.com:
Floral, Fruity, Marine. Created by Elizabeth Arden in 1993, Sunflowers for women is a refined, aquatic fragrance. It's fragrant nature explores essences of melon, peach and jasmine. Blended with notes of tea rose, sandalwood and moss, Sunflowers is a casual type of fragrance.

Aha! So, that is why I feel a connection with this fragrance... the words are "marine" and "aquatic." I'm Pisces and Pisces is a water sign. Arrggh! I don't even know how to swim!

But why did I even go there?

Anyway.

Following a close second are Clinique Happy (the bottle's almost empty) and Elizabeth Arden's 5th Avenue (it's...how shall I call it--half-empty or half-full?). Haven't touched them recently, though. I have no idea what I'm saving them for. 5th Avenue is a dressy scent and I seldom wear it. Having it on makes me feel tall and all dolled-up, though, and gives me that heady feeling of empowerment and emancipation. Wehehe.

My everyday scent is Victoria's Secret's Pure Seduction. I'm addicted to its deep, floral rush. I love it so much, I've snubbed the other Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body sprays sitting on my dresser.

On days when I feel bitchy, I wear Paris Hilton's Just Me.

Go figure.

No comments: