Friday, September 19, 2008

To do: Work and good days


This has been a very productive day.

My typical work week is busy and hectic, where "busy" and "hectic" do not necessarily connote "useful." Rushing off to impromptu meetings (which could take up to two, even three hours to wrap up), or breaking my back to finish ad hocs on time are not my idea of a fruitful day. Call it multitasking, or a test of time management skills, if you must, but truth is, they interrupt my momentum and drain me to a point where all I want to do is slouch on my chair and close my eyes. And drift into slumber, or catatonia, or something.

Thank goodness there's coffee. Oh, what would I do without coffee?

Anyway.

In an ideal world, it's the well-planned, carefully executed tasks that prove most satisfying to work on.

Now, this is something that seldom comes my way, as it is very easy to get distracted and stray from one's checklist or calendar, but what do you know, I had just such the thing today. I won't go into the details--jargon will most inevitably come up and, what more, a description of my job will most definitely not appeal to most people. Suffice it to say that owing to the fact that I was able to work according to plan (and with much focus and determination), I finished on time, and am proud to say that I am, at present, on track with my deliverables.

To top it all, at the grocery store later during the day, my son turned to me and said, from out of the blue,"Mommy, you're the best mommy in the whole world."

Don't you just love good days?

Happy weekend!

No comments: