Sunday, September 7, 2008

My week

I haven't written in a week, so here's an overview:

Monday was exclusive for Jackie and Kim. My department was having a party that same night and my boss and colleagues were texting me to join them, but quality time with the kids came first. We had a grand time, to boot.

Tuesday was boring. So boring, in fact, that I've forgotten what had transpired, or if anything did.

Wednesday's highlight was pep squad practice, which was held in the actual venue where we were to perform this coming Saturday--yikes, it's that soon!

Thursday was a normal, stressful day. This sentence gets me thinking: if stress has become normal, then there must be something wrong.

Friday was spent rushing work deadlines in time for the following week (which promises other deadlier deadlines).

Saturday was...yesterday. And I have four new bruises (a gigantic one on the right knee, a medium-sized one on the left and two small ones on each elbow) to show for the 6-hour pep squad practice that we had.

These bruises are courtesy of the egg rolls, the head stands, the kneeling, and the like. In two days' time, they will turn blue. Next, they'd be purple. My limbs, too, are aching like crazy and a climb up the stairs is proving much harder than it's supposed to be.

But, hey, who's complaining? (If it seemed like I was, I apologize.)We've made so much progress and I think we're more than ready for the performance, which is coming in, um, less than a week's time (pressure, pressure).

And besides, there's something so liberating about dancing and being lifted (we're talking full lifts here, not the cutesy pyramids of high school yore) and being expected to balance yourself and being told not to look down, because looking down increases the gravity and there's nothing but the floor to catch you if you fall. Kidding. Our lifters are very much able and, as one of them said, "don't be scared of falling because if you do fall, one of us is sure to catch you--it doesn't matter how, but we will catch you. And that's a promise."

Today is Sunday.

So, how was your week?
;p

2 comments:

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

what a fun week you got there shan, i figure you're the girl on top, sexy as ever hee =)

mwah! have a good week ahead!

CHANSONATA said...

My recent weeks have become hectic, mainly due to work and this pep squad thingie, that's also why I haven't been able to update my blog so much. :(

Oe of the girls on top, yeah, kinda, but mainly because I'm one of the smallest and lightest, hehe.

Sadit pa man giraray ako. ;p