Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Town Hall


I know, I know.

I was bitching about work yesterday. So, waht was a girl to do? She went to the office, tried her best to smile (there were a lot of people to smile at and a lot to smile about, anyway) and did her job as best she could.

And what did she get?!

She got smiled at, in return; got recognized for doing her job as best she could.

Okay, okay, let's cut this speaking-in-the-third-person thing.

This has got to be my best Town Hall ever. Listening to my achievements being enumerated, hearing my name called, feeling the warmth in the applause and loud cheers--they made me feel ashamed for the ranting I did just several hours before.

Indeed, to quote Alanis, "life has a funny way of helping you out when you think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up in your face..."

I really should smile some more.

No comments: