Saturday, October 11, 2008

My cluttered life

I have often been teased about my "powers of organization" (please, please make sure to note the sarcasm here).

I mean, I do try my hardest to give my life some semblance of neatness and, at times, I do succeed; its in the consistency part that I fail.

A lot of people boast of being "OC" when it comes to their stuff, and, on hindsight, the farthest I've come to describing myself as such is in telling people that I am really, really fussy when it comes to brushing my teeth. If I had the chance to brush my teeth every hour, I would (I know, bad, bad).

I think the term "OC" gets abused most of the time, though; perhaps we are not aware that this is actually a chronic anxiety disorder that is way worse than we think and is very much deserving of psychiatric treatment, up to and including psychosurgery? Read more here.

Moving on, I thought I'd let you take a peek into my slipshod life...

I am in dire need of baskets and organizers. These could pass for stuff in a yard sale (but even items in yard sales are arranged in baskets and boxes, right?).


These are the clothes that I need to put away (and neatly, too).

Even the books are in disarray!


At first glance, the closet looks kinda okay, but the hill of bags below is a completely different story.


My mom will kill me if she saw what state of chaos my stuff are in.
So, my goal is: by the end of this day, I should already have fixed this mess.
But that is something I really should have done days and days ago.

No comments: