Sunday, December 20, 2015

For what is longing but the space between the absence of the beloved and their presence? Still, the minutes stretch like miles in the pathways of the mind, the hours, endless ribbons leading somewhere, then nowhere.

We wait in the shade of sunset, open our eyes to a burst of sunrise--another day insists its distance. I have been told that time is nothing but my mind persists in grappling with clocks. I emerge, scathed, the hours, enemies. And I thought I had mastered the art of moments, the same I who has--had--learned that there are no answers to questions. I wait, and impatiently. I sulk at my wrist. Time is nothing.

I stare at walls and see your silhouette. I am mocked by my own shadow.

1 comment:

FEDS said...

I have no mastery of time. I dislike it. It is my enemy. Now I sit here alone waiting for what? I don't even know. Yet time reminds me of when I last saw you. Time reminds me that I needed more of it when I knew you. Time will now remind me of the last moment I had with you as you turned and walked away forever. Did you even know I watched you walk away? I think not. How can time be my friend? What mocks me now is the memory of you walking away. They say time heals all wounds but time also harbours memories. How can time be my friend again?