Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

I spent New Year's Eve in the office.

When the clock struck midnight, a group of us (who were lucky because our scheduled break time fell right on the hour that mattered) trooped downstairs to watch the fireworks and to listen to the paputok and the torotots. There were tears in my Boss's eyes, she said she missed her mom, who's in the States.

There was a giant lump in my throat, as well.

Looking at the brilliant colors exploding in the dark sky, I couldn't help thinking that there was something wrong with the setting. The first day of the year, which comes but once a year, has always been meant to be spent with family and loved ones.

I just consoled myself with the fact that every day of the year comes but once a year, if you think about it, and that I shouldn't start 2009 being sad.

My one resolution for this year, after all, is to count the blessings that come my way.

Here's to a happy 2009.
:)

No comments: