Saturday, January 3, 2009

Youtubing

Innocently enough, it started with a Youtube frenzy on Beyonce's "Single Ladies" (I must've viewed it, like, seven times!) and a handful of the Pussycat Dolls' music videos. I love their "I Hate This Part" video-- Nicole is just super hot! Incidentally, watching their other music videos was, to me, a chronicling of Nicole Scherzinger's evolution from a hip-hoppy girl-next-door to what she is now--a highly sophisticated, gorgeous singer/dancer, a creature of the stars, come down to earth to regale us mere mortals with her heavenly beauty.
Yech! What was that all about?!

Oops, lesbo tendencies surfacing! lol

Anyway, after getting an overdose of the PCD, for some reason, I found myself going farther and farther back, down to Christina Aguilera's early days, to Boy Krazy (yep, the one-hit-wonder) and their "That's What Love Can Do," Mariah Carey's pre-implants music, on to Shanice and her "I Love Your Smile," farther down to Cathy Dennis' "Too Many Walls," Suzanne Vega and "Luka," Martika's "Colored Kisses" and "Toy Soldiers"! I've just discovered, by the way, that Martika's last name is Marrero.

I found myself giggling nonstop, felt like I was eleven again, found myself back in my girlhood days when I was ever so much stupider than I am now, then when I had nary a trace of cynicism in me, no inkling of what it was, at all (ok, maybe I already had a faint idea, whatever). And, yeah, I'll be honest enough to admit it, I had a heck of a time viewing the Spice Girls' "Wannabe," touted by one of the Youtubers as "one of the most annoying songs in the world"!

lol








Remember them?
:)

No comments: