Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tagaytay Friday

Friday, January 17, 2009: It was freezing in Tagaytay and my team braved the cold... but only for so long.
Philstar.com says, "Tagaytay City temperature is 15.8 degrees Celsius" and Chuvaness contemplates the extra chilly weather "...in what must be the coldest night of the year." And we had chosen this day, of all days, to go up the highlands! Brrrr!

@ Picnic Grove: It was tolerably chilly in the early afternoon.

And we stuffed ourselves silly with Amber's pichi-pichi and barbecue.

The wind started to get really fierce as the afternoon wore on, though.

And the wind blew on, angrier, as evening drew near. My hair became extremely tangled you could hear the crunch when I combed it.

Solution: a cap. (My cam was acting up at this point)

Tagaytay by twilight. Photography by Wowoo RaƱada.

Dinner at Dencio's capped the night for some. Here, Val and Cha were prodding me to look serene for a candid shot. In truth, I was shivering to my bones. Through chattering teeth, I was muttering, "hurry up! Shoot already!"

The real night cap was coffee at Starbucks. By then, though, we were too cold to take pics and one of us asked, in jest, of course, "is this Tagaytay or Alaska?"

Imagine what the Eskimos' life must be like!

No comments: