Thursday, April 2, 2009

Haircut

Finally, some time to breathe.




The past couple of weeks had me waiting in the wings to exhale. The excitement from the tension and pressure at work had built up to an alarming crescendo and it felt like I was holding my breath the whole time. So, this afternoon, I went to trusty old David's for a much deserved (and long delayed) haircut. This was partly brought about by my thwarted attempt to purchase something nice and pretty for myself--I searched the shops in vain but found nothing to my fancy, so a trim seemed like a good detour with which to channel my frustration--and partly by the ball and chain that my heavy mop of long, unruly locks had become.

Now, dark circles around the eyes would disappear with careful dabs of concealer, but split-ends are an entirely different matter. My extremely dry, frizzy and very long hair had become the telltale sign of the tremendous stress in the workplace and no amount of conditioner could mask the miserable tangles they had meshed themselves into.

I think the haircut did wonders.

My head feels pounds lighter, my mind a little less clouded.

No comments: