Thursday, April 23, 2009

More on the Weather:

Dear, dear me, been getting headaches because of this confused, temperamental weather. Been lazy and cranky and blah and it doesn't help that work has not been a slide down the rainbow lately.

One bright spot to my week is that my dad and brother were in the city for a few days and the kids and I got to spend time with them, roaming Glorietta (which has become a dismal disappointment) and Greenbelt (which is gorgeous, thank you).

Other than that, I've been trying to assuage my weather woes with as much good music as I could get my hands into: lots of India Arie, Carrie Underwood, some Broadway, Christina Aguilera (tried her "Walk Away" and "Save Me From Myself" upon a friend's recommendation), and good ol' Ella Fitzgerald.

Several friends are in La Union for some surfing and I kinda feel a tiny pang of regret that I didn't go with them--even if they had tried to cajole me into it, like tens of times--though, at the same time, these rains would've taken away whatever fun I would have had if I'd gone.

There, you see, the weather has got me all confused, too!

What are you doing to keep dry and sane?
=)

2 comments:

cat with the fiddle said...

i actually like rain more than the sun..

CHANSONATA said...

LOL, your comment made me realize what a whiner I've been--complaining when it's raining and complaining when it's hot.

I should learn to be happy with both!
=)